Technical Business Development Manager, Northeast
Cygnus Technologies Inc. (part of Maravai Life Sciences) is focused on supplying highly specialized analytical products to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry for use in process development and quality control. As recognized experts in bioprocess contaminant testing for analytes such as host cell proteins, Cygnus offers a broad menu of well-validated, robust generic kits and immunoassay reagents. Cygnus also offers custom product-specific development of antibodies and assays for companies who want to outsource these highly specialized technologies to the experts.
Field Location - Northeastern US (Boston-based)
Cygnus Technologies is seeking a Technical Business Development Manager, Northeast to support our current customer base and drive the growth of our business. The Technical Business Development Manager, Northeast role is a field-based position responsible for revenue development in Northeastern US through implementation of technical marketing and sales initiatives to drive awareness and customer engagement, and through distributor support.
- Be an evangelist for Cygnus technology continuing to build Cygnus brand equity and drive Cygnus revenue to achieve financial targets.
- Attend scientific conferences and trade shows, interact with existing and potential customers at Cygnus booth, present posters and/or technology talks
- Provide market intelligence and VOC to internal R&D and marketing teams to drive new product development and awareness for emerging applications of existing products
- Monitor competitor actions and market dynamics and inform R&D and marketing teams
- Communicate customer needs to all internal teams
- Utilize Salesforce.com to track customer interactions and opportunities
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the life science industry, including a strong background in customer facing roles such as sales and/or business development
- Scientific expertise in downstream bioprocessing and bioanalytical sciences
- Effective communication and presentation skills with clear competence in crafting and presenting compelling technical and sales presentation
- Experience in account management, business negotiation and strategy development
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships to open doors to large and small accounts in order to communicate the Cygnus message to respective bioanalytical, QC and process development groups
- Strong customer advocate, who seeks to understand customer focus and effectively address needs; gains personal satisfaction from customer success
- Independent and self-motivated yet a team player; able to independently structure productive activities
- Entrepreneurial with ability to work in an uncertain environment
- Capable of up to 40 % domestic and international travel
Cygnus Technologies offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Cygnus Technologies is an EEO Employer.
B.S in biosciences; MS or PhD strongly preferred