Senior Quality Control Technician
Cygnus Technologies Inc. (part of Maravai Life Sciences) is focused on supplying highly specialized analytical products to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry for use in process development and quality control. As recognized experts in bioprocess contaminant testing for analysis such as host cell proteins, Cygnus offers a broad menu of well-validated, robust generic kits and immunoassay reagents. Cygnus also offers custom product-specific development of antibodies and assays for companies who want to outsource these highly specialized technologies to the experts.
Cygnus Technologies is seeking a Senior Quality Control Technician responsible for the inspection and testing of incoming materials and manufactured products to ensure conformance to quality specifications.
- Performs inspections and quality control testing of incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures that all product specifications are met and follows proper procedures for out-of-specification (OOS) results and reporting of non-conforming materials.
- Conducts investigations and provides first tier analysis of complaints and non-conforming products.
- Peer reviews testing data and write-ups of other technicians fro accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews and approves manufacturing documents, kit assembly records, labels, and NetSuite work orders to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation.
- Performs annual stability testing of manufactured kit components and maintains stability retain inventory.
- Serves as lead QC contract for communication to manufacturing and order fulfillment regarding testing schedule and product readiness, and for Material Review Board regarding non-conforming products.
- Trains and develops new team members.
- Serve as delegate for Department Manager.
- Maintains meticulous documentation of all Quality Control records.
- Contributes to preparation and updating of QC operating procedures as needed.
- Assists with instrument calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Maintains lab housekeeping, organization, and inventory supply.
- Performs other QC functions and duties as required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in a laboratory, manufacturing, or quality role within the life science industry.
- Requires knowledge of and experience using GLP, ISO and/or cGMP principles.
- Working knowledge of standard chemical safety/hygiene requirements and overall safe workplace practices, especially in a laboratory setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving, observation skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Cygnus Technologies offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
Cygnus Technologies is an EEO Employer.
- BS Degree in scientific discipline or equivalent