Research and Development Associate
Cygnus Technologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
Cygnus Technologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, is seeking a R&D Associate. The associate will cover a broad range of duties, including assay development, manufacturing critical reagents, large format 2D-electrophoresis, and the execution of development protocols under the supervision of the lab director.
- Knowledge of ELISA, Electrophoresis, and DNA
- Demonstrated problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven; works well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated working knowledge of a lab-based research/ development/testing/ manufacturing life science or pharmaceutical industrial application
- Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, modification, conjugation, and labeling
- Experience in general nucleic acid techniques such as electrophoresis, sequencing, cloning, PCR, blotting, arrays
- Ph.D. in Organic/Bio-organic Chemistry or closely related discipline
- Capable of planning and executing multi-step organic syntheses; phosphonamidite synthesis experience preferred
- Excellent technical writing ability with a demonstrated track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals or approved patents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Three-years of experience in a post-doctoral and/or industrial environment
- Expertise analyses of oligonucleotides by UV/Vis, ESI MS, fluorescence spectroscopy as well as standard analytical methods - RP HPLC, IEX HPLC, Gel Electrophoresis, NMR
Cygnus Technologies offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Cygnus Technologies is an EEO Employer.
Ph.D. in Organic/Bio-organic Chemistry or closely related discipline